Thursday, September 29, 2016

Best Inspirational Quotes

Who doesn't love a good quote? I certainly do. They have been helpful during times of need, or inspiration. I love when you find one, and it leaves you speechless! I am going to post my favorites and what they mean to me. Hopefully, someone else enjoys them just as much!

Let's start with Dr. Joseph Murphy. He is a well-renowned author and new thought minister. (Also one of my favorites). He has written extensively on the powers of the subconscious mind. My favorite book being 'The power of your subconscious mind.' It is an eye-opening book for anyone who has a slight curiosity to those who have a profound understanding. Onto my favorites quotes!

"Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately, and wonders will happen in your life."

Joseph is big on the power of our words and thoughts. He says many times in different books to never finish a negative statement or thought. Literally just interrupt the thought or statement and say something else. Like, 'God supplies all my needs'.

“Your desire is your prayer. Picture the fulfillment of your desire now and feel its reality and you will experience the joy of the answered."

That's deep. Deeper than it first appears. Joseph also talks about scientific prayer. He believes many people do not pray effectively (that's a whole other post!). He says desires are in our mind, and essentially come from God. Joseph also says God gives us desire. So people just having these desires is a prayer to God. God knows our needs and desires. So, get into the picture of fulfillment (get ready to receive), and you will receive! What a wonderful notion.

“The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish."

I absolutely love when I read a quote, and say 'A-HA! That makes sense!' That's how I felt when I read this quote for the first time. It just makes sense. So simple. More often than not or negative thinking is just old learned patterns. And when we consciously make an effort to counteract those negative patterns, they actually fade away.

“He awakened to the simple truth that it is never what a person says or does that affects him, it is his reaction to what is said or done that matters.” 

This is unquestionably true. So much of the time life happens to us, and we can feel like it's very unfair. It can be all about our reaction, instead of the situation. I feel like this is a good example of a quote to describe a quote, haha. As Joel Osteen says "Today, no matter what storm is raging around youdon't let it get in you."


No comments:

Post a Comment